cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R310 with SmartZone High Scale - RSSI arrive to R310

alejandro_vazqu
New Contributor II
How to know RSSI arrive in the AP from the station client? Does exist CLI comand to know this information?
5 REPLIES 5

andrew_giancol1
Contributor III
HI, SSH to the AP, enter your credentials.
use the command "Get wlanlist" to find your Wlan number ( for my example i'll use wlan35)
then use "get station" command in conjunction with the mac address, and the word "info"
here is my example

rkscli: get station wlan35 info 84:8E:0C:B9:70:69

MAC Addr          AID Rate RSSI VLAN Idle ERP State Flags RecvSigStrength BTM BCR

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

84:8e:0c:b9:70:69   2  12M   53    1    0   0 4202b     0             -52   1   1

I hope that helps!

alejandro_vazqu
New Contributor II
Hi, the value "RecvSigStrength" is signal strengh that arrive from station client to AP or that arrive from the AP to station client?
For example:
rkscli: get station wlan1 info 40:a1:08:d6:4c:a7
MAC Addr          AID Rate RSSI VLAN Idle ERP State Flags RecvSigStrength BTM BCR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
40:a1:08:d6:4c:a7   2  24M   50  172    0   0  203f     0             -62   1   1

"RSSI" is different to "RecvSigStrength".  What values ​​do they represent?

marcelo_vieira_
New Contributor II

RecvSigStrength and RSSI are different units of measurement that both represent the same thing: signal strength. 

The difference is that RSSI is a relative index, while RecvSigStrength is an absolute number representing power levels in mW (milliwatts).

alejandro_vazqu
New Contributor II
But signal strengh that  show this command , is signal that arrive to AP from client or the signal from the AP to client?