cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R300 started blinking DIR

Platinumkirby
New Contributor

Hello

I am working a yacht that has a Ruckus and a couple of AP scattered through the boat.

We have a r300 in the crew mess and suddenly stopped working, meaning the power light is solid green but the DIR light is blinking slowly. Mind you the cable is quite long (37m) leading towards a room with 3 switch racks. from the rack to the cable, there is a coupler, if i connect the ap directly to the switch, the AP starts fuctioning normally, so i tried replacing the coupler, with no result. Is it possible the cable from the coupler to the crew mess would be an issue? Its pretty impossible to change that cable because of the length and it going through all kinds of panels and rooms, could there be some other solution to this that im missing?

3 REPLIES 3

Paulk201270
New Contributor

I'd get a cable tester to ensure that cable doesn't have a short or a bad connector on the end, or try replacing the ends on the cable.

Platinumkirby
New Contributor

Thats a great idea! Ive ordered one and ill update with the results

Thank you

Platinumkirby
New Contributor

So i got the cable tester and checked both ends, and the light on number 2 doesnt turn on on both ends, what could this mean? does the cable needs replacing? Its not really an option at this point, is there any other way we could sort this?