cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Ruckus300

adrian_camacho_
New Contributor III
I have 2 Ruckus300, my internet connection is about 200MB, but each Rucku is giving less than 2MB? How can I know if this is a configuration problem?
27 REPLIES 27

sanjay_kumar
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Adrian,

Check the below client statistics:
1. Under Status >> Check the below details :
RSSI, Band (2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz), Channel bandwidth (40 Mhz and 80 Mhz).

2. Make sure that the client is connected to the 5G with a good RSSI.

3. Open the wireless statistics on the client and check the speed it is negotiating to.

4. Do a speed flex test. This will tell you the speed between the AP and the client.
You can download the app from Playstore\Appstore.

If you still have issues, please contact support and report the issue.

Hello Sanjay, I realized there were only 2.4GHz Wireless, I configured 5GHz and with this connection I'm connecting with almost 100M, but with 2.4GHz Network the connection is still under 2M, is this normal?

Adrian Camacho, 

is this at a residents? Or office building? If at a residence, are you in an apartment, condo where there are a lot of other WiFi networks around you?  Also since you mentioned you have two r300 did you put it on smart channel changing? I recommend you stick to 1, 6, or 11 for channels for 2.4ghz since you have no controller and make sure those two r300 are on different channels and they don’t overlap each other. It’s possible if you left it at auto everything that each r300 is interfering with each other depending how spaced they are apart. 
What channels are your 5ghz set to?

Thanks Hayk I'm doing it right now. For 2.4 and 5G I had SmartSelect, I'm changing all of them right now