cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC / Wireless Network Access keeps going down after installing 7982

vincent_bova
New Contributor II
Strange, I installed my 7982 and while it seems to work fine across the board with all other applications, my W7 PC (connected to wireless) keeps getting thrown out every so often. I have to reset my card and it reconnects right away without any issue, but after awhile it happens again. No rhyme or reason, and very inconsistent. My PC next to the PC I have now does not issue this problem, nor do any of my wireless devices. I disabled the network card and used a Wi-Fi adapter, but the same thing was happening. Maybe the WAP is going down? Doesn't seem likely because nobody else in the home is complaining...
6 REPLIES 6

primoz_marinsek
Valued Contributor
Through the years I've found that if an AP works with all clients but one or two it's NOT the APs problem.

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
You might try setting a static channel on the AP to see if perhaps dynamic channel changes are affecting the client (some cards aren't real happy with channel changes). Updating the drivers for that PC may help.

vincent_bova
New Contributor II
Keith-

Can't thank you enough. That absolutely did the trick. Strange that despite the BIOS and drivers being up to date, this Dell Inspiron One is stubborn and doesn't like the Smart Select feature. Oddly, neither did the temporary Netgear Wifi adapter I used. Is this a common problem?

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
It's not uncommon. I'm going to guess that's an Intel chipset in both...