cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues configuring VLANs on Single AP Deployment of 7372

steven_yurgelev
New Contributor II
Hi Everyone,

As a preface, I worked with Ruckus support directly on this issue and the tech stated that my configuration looks correct and it might be the AP, but I am having this issue on another AP as well.

In short, when attempting to connect to either of the SSIDs from the AP, it sits at the point where it states "Obtaining IP Address" but the device never hands out the address.

In this environment, I have a SonicWall NSA 220 with two VLANs configured as 10 and 20. The 10 VLAN is for the corporate WIFI and is a seperate subnet from their primary subnet. The same is true for VLAN 20 as well but this is another subnet for the guest network.

DHCP is turned on on the SonicWall for both of these VLANs. The AP is connected to a 1900 series HP POE switch on port 9 which is untagged on VLAN1 (default VLAN) and has tagged memebership on VLAN 10 and 20. Then on the AP itself, obviously each SSID is specified to use the specific VLAN.

I simply can't figure out why the hell this device is unable to assign an address out from the WAP. Does anyone have any ideas or can maybe set me on the right path? Please let me know if you require more information.
14 REPLIES 14

steven_yurgelev
New Contributor II
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm curious as to where you want me to run this command? SSH into the Wireless AP?

Erik, yes that is correct, I have done that in my testing to rule out the switch and the sonicwall. I have not tried setting a static IP, but I should definitely do that! What a rookie mistake.

steven_yurgelev
New Contributor II
Victor, the command does not seem to have the correct syntax. Any suggestions on that?

victor_tort
New Contributor III
Hi Steven,

According to my AP, the syntaxis is ok. Here are some examples

Examples:
-> set interface eth0 type access untag 35
(allow vlan 35; untagged 35)

-> set interface eth1 type vlan-trunk untag 35
(allow vlan 1-4094; untagged 35)

-> set interface eth1 type vlan-trunk untag none
(allow vlan 1-4094; no untagged packets)

-> set interface eth1 type general untag none vlans 1-1000,2000,4000-4094
(allow vlan 1-1000,2000,4000-4094; no untagged packets)

-> set interface eth2 forward l2tp type access untag 100
(tunnel eth2 via l2tp; allow vlan 100; untagged 100)
-------------------------------------------------------------

This output is from an AP running 9.8.1 but it is the same for older releases

steven_yurgelev
New Contributor II
Hmm, running that command caused me to lose access to the device 😞

steven_yurgelev
New Contributor II
Bump.

Still having an issue. Ruckus Support has also continued to be absolutely no help with this issue either. Anyone have any further ideas that they can help me with?

It may be time to switch to a different product. Aerohive is sending me some trial units so I can test VLAN capabilities.