cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to script a reboot on the R700

charlie_wallace
New Contributor II
Is there a way to script a reboot on the R700?s like a cronjob that resets them at a given time, or every 24 hours, i find the double in performance after a reboot. I have 8 R700's on a zone director 3000 and one standalone (elsewhere)

thanks
31 REPLIES 31

Sean:
You mentioned the need to reboot "specific groups" of APs.
I had an issue where some APs (always the same 2 models of AP) would have their 5-Gig radios stop working.
Do you need something that would detect a fault like this and only reboot those APs or did you want to create a static list of APs and always reboot only those APs?

I've got a script called "rebootat3am" that will wait 'till 3:30am the next morning and then reboot all APs.

I only ran that script briefly because it seemed to increase the behavior where the APs would all "guess" the same channel (after the reboot) and then spend time "detecting interference" and jumping between channels.

If "rebootat3am" is what you guys want, I'll upload that.
(but beware of the consequences)

Then (If that works for you) I should be able to tweak things to make it reboot all APs at every 3:30am.

If you want to reboot just a few APs, I should probably modify the script to do that.

Can you tell more how to use of the script? I am not sure how to use it.

You write your program to SSH to your AP with login credentials, and issue a "reboot" command, using the script language of your choice.  (some suggestions above)

Sorry, can you give me more detail? I am not a coder so some stuff is not easy for me to understand.

Outside of Writing a Script, I will usually Reboot All of the Connected APs through the ZoneDirector Controller's CLI (via Telnet or Putty).

1.) Log into your ZoneDirector Controller, via Telnet or SSH.
2.) Type "enable" to escalate your Privileges.
3.) Type "debug" to enter Debug Mode.
4.) Use the "remote_ap_cli" Command to send a Reboot Command to All of the Connected APs, exactly as follows.
remote_ap_cli -A "reboot"

A Script would more or less mirror the aforementioned process, by outputting these Commands on your behalf.