cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to script a reboot on the R700

charlie_wallace
New Contributor II
Is there a way to script a reboot on the R700?s like a cronjob that resets them at a given time, or every 24 hours, i find the double in performance after a reboot. I have 8 R700's on a zone director 3000 and one standalone (elsewhere)

thanks
31 REPLIES 31

sean_mcbride_71
New Contributor
I too am in need of the ability to script scheduled reboots of specific groups of AP's due to connection issues that users are experiencing that are resolved with a reboot of the AP. I do not want to spend hours clicking one by one in the controller to accomplish this task.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Sean, we have a ZD feature request pending to allow AP commands to an AP-Group rather than single AP or all connected APs (FR-1094).  If you determine the IP address of the APs you wish to reboot by whatever scripting method, the AP CLI command to do so is 'reboot'.

rkscli: reboot

Rebooting... please wait.

I have a RuckusZD3000 controller, from the controller is there a way to reboot multiple AP's at the same time and schedule the reboot for off hours?

Also with the devices requirement of needing to know what to login as BEFORE the login credentials how can any of this be scripted?

Hi Michael, Any news about running commands to an AP-Group rather than a single AP or all connected APs?

bill_burns_6069
Contributor III
Yes. There is a way to do this via a cron job on a linux machine.
See this link:
https://github.com/bot779/ruckusconf

I don't know who else uses this (if anyone) but it works well for me.
Let me know if/what issues you have once you install it.