cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a US-bought ZoneFlex 7363 to work on a UK ZoneDirector

timothy_carring
New Contributor II
I am in the UK and I have a ZoneFlex 7363 bought from the US. It is set to US and cannot be changed.

What are the issues with connecting to ZoneDirectors? Will it never connect to a UK ZoneDirector? Can the AP firmware be changed to allow the country setting to be changed? Can a US ZoneDirector be used in the UK. etc.
26 REPLIES 26

rob_frain
New Contributor

Sorry to bring up an old thread, Im in the exact same situation now with a US AP and a UK ZD. Did you manage to change the AP to a UK one via software update or firmware at all?

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
you have two ways of fixing it:

1) set the county code on ZD to US and connect this US locked AP. this should work. After this, Remember you making your gear work as per US regulation and NOT UK.
2) work with TAC as i heard that they have some "internal only" commands to unlock this AP to work with any ZD. this is upto their discretion

PS: US locked AP's are supposed to be used in US only..

timothy_carring
New Contributor II
from what I remember, I had to refund the first customer, and I was just as honest as I could be with the second advert. It sold and AFAIK worked fine for that customer, though I don't remember if it was with a ZD or standalone. I didn't muck about with firmware etc.

neil_oakman
New Contributor
Ruckus use ISO codes. So, use: set countrycode GB

rob_frain
New Contributor
Ruckus were great. We have a support contract with them and managed to change it over for us. Its now locked to GB.