cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling multicast for a Sonos environment

eric_bullock
New Contributor II
I am having trouble with a ZoneFlex R510 in standalone mode, and integrating Sonos. In a nutshell, I can't get the Sonos hardware to join the 2.4Ghz network. Here is a relevant discussion on the Sonos forums. I spent hours troubleshooting this last weekend. When I put my old WAP in place everything worked fine. Re-introduce the Ruckus equipment and it falls apart again. It sounds like I need to try enabling multicast traffic?

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/surround-setup-error-6804042

Is this an option in the Web GUI or a CLI only thing? I started looking into this last night and did not find any clear steps. The AP is running v200.6.10.1.308 software.
30 REPLIES 30

michael_schmit1
New Contributor
Hi,

at the End i didnt get it to work via wireless, i have no replaced my R710 near to the Playbase and connected the Playbase to the 2nd LAN Port of the R710, so now all other Sonos Speaker use Sonos Net.

But im not happy with this, it works like a charme to April, and even with the old Unleashed Software i did not get it to run.

Not the best Solution but for me after spending a few hours to get it running, a working one.

Thank you.