cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling multicast for a Sonos environment

eric_bullock
New Contributor II
I am having trouble with a ZoneFlex R510 in standalone mode, and integrating Sonos. In a nutshell, I can't get the Sonos hardware to join the 2.4Ghz network. Here is a relevant discussion on the Sonos forums. I spent hours troubleshooting this last weekend. When I put my old WAP in place everything worked fine. Re-introduce the Ruckus equipment and it falls apart again. It sounds like I need to try enabling multicast traffic?

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/surround-setup-error-6804042

Is this an option in the Web GUI or a CLI only thing? I started looking into this last night and did not find any clear steps. The AP is running v200.6.10.1.308 software.
30 REPLIES 30

eric_bullock
New Contributor II
There does not appear to be a way to both disable background scanning AND enabble 802.11k Neighbor-list Report. At least when I un-checked BackGround Scanning the option to check Radio Resource Mgt. was disabled (in WLAN > Advanced Options).

Where is the option to set the directed multicast threshold?

eric_bullock
New Contributor II
Re) 802.11d support. Are you saying to disable it?

joseph_voldeck
New Contributor III
Enable d
Enable k

Background scanning is in services section

joseph_voldeck
New Contributor III
There isn’t a option for multicast threshold that is why unleashed is not a good fit for sonos

eric_bullock
New Contributor II
Joseph - I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU for sharing all of this information. I appreciate it very much! The Universe owes you a solid.

🙂

Just knowing Unleashed isn't a good fit for Sonos (or vice versa) is huge. In those situations its probably best to just let the Sonos gear set up its own 2.4Ghz mesh network (SonosNet) and let it be.