cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling multicast for a Sonos environment

eric_bullock
New Contributor II
I am having trouble with a ZoneFlex R510 in standalone mode, and integrating Sonos. In a nutshell, I can't get the Sonos hardware to join the 2.4Ghz network. Here is a relevant discussion on the Sonos forums. I spent hours troubleshooting this last weekend. When I put my old WAP in place everything worked fine. Re-introduce the Ruckus equipment and it falls apart again. It sounds like I need to try enabling multicast traffic?

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/surround-setup-error-6804042

Is this an option in the Web GUI or a CLI only thing? I started looking into this last night and did not find any clear steps. The AP is running v200.6.10.1.308 software.
30 REPLIES 30

Your welcome. I spent 4 days on this until I figured it out.

joseph_voldeck
New Contributor III
Yep it works that way and on a zd. But it won’t work from the zd GUI controller. You still have to go to the AP and use the commands.

eric_bullock
New Contributor II
Yep. These were issued while SSH'd into the AP.

joseph_voldeck
New Contributor III
Yep that’s why it works. How did it go on flashing back to unleashed?

joseph_voldeck
New Contributor III
Hi Eric
Just propped up a t300  Firmware: 200.6.10.1.312
It worked for me with these settings

Turn off all scanning and load balancing (make your AP as dumb as Sonos)

Set neighbor list report on the radio control setting in the WLAN Radio Resource Management: Enable 802.11k Neighbor-list Report

Make sure that there is only channel 1 available to Sonos

and lastly 802.11d:Support for 802.11d (only applies to radios configured to operate in 2.4 GHz band)

I am listening now..... Lol

Joseph