cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Management

gary_mcadams
New Contributor II

I want to be able to configure content management for my Ruckus WIFI APs.

I have very robust content management via the SonicWALL TZ400 that I use as my primary gateway/firewall/router.  However, I want the users that connect to the WIFI APs to have different content management.  I'm assuming I might need a ZoneDirector in place.  There is not one in place now.  But, is their an option in the ZD - or software add-on - to enable me to configure content management.

Thanks so much for any help/insight provided

4 REPLIES 4

joshua_lee1
New Contributor III
So far, none of Ruckus' products can handle content filtering. Something I'm hoping they will tackle with at least the Cloud WiFi and SmartZone platforms. If you already have the TZ400, why not filter content based on VLAN and specify VLANs for each SSID in use for the wireless users? That way you can filter differently for different types of users. That is, unless you filter based on user type, in which case your filtering needs shouldn't care about whether they are on wireless or not.

gary_mcadams
New Contributor II
That's what I thought, about the Ruckus products.

Great idea with the VLAN via the SW.  Thanks!  I'm gonna' experiment with that.

Thanks so much for your input.

joshua_lee1
New Contributor III
Happy to help. I really hope Ruckus gets up to speed with it though. Not all sites have content filtering firewalls...

gary_mcadams
New Contributor II
Yes, that's very true.