cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get notification when an AP goes down?

thomas_hong
New Contributor II

I want to get email notifications if an AP goes down or overloaded with traffic. Is this feature available on Unleashed?

I thought I found it under Admin & Services->Administration->Network Management->Alarm Notification but did not work for me when I tested it. I have checked enable email server, check all alarm notifications, checked send an email message when an alarm is triggered, and did test to email address working. But when I killed power (unplugged PoE cable) to AP I do not receive any notification. However, when I powered back the AP, I did got an "AP Has Joined" email notification.

10 REPLIES 10

DarrelRhodes
Valued Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Zone Director is very similar to Unleashed in the level of granularity and reporting. For what you require, you'd need to look at Ruckus SmartZone plus the Ruckus Analytics platform for viewing historical usage (upto 12 months with Ruckus Analytics). 

Ruckus analytics can provide you with full usage reporting by network, SSID, AP, Radio, etc.  However it won't generate alerts, this function is part of the SmartZone features.  I have attached a link to the latest SmartZone documentation for you to review the 'Alarm and Event Reference Guide' document.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/documents/3354-smartzone-5-2-1-ga-software-documentation-zip

I'd recommend you contact your Ruckus reseller partner for further information.

Regards,
Darrel.