cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7731 RB -NBR Problem

marc_van_houwel
New Contributor II
I am trying to setup a link with a Root Bridge to a Non Root bridge. Once I choose a channel I am getting a good link. The Up/Down is 10/9 and RSSI is 39/36. From my understanding this is a descent link. However when I run the SpeedFlex test I am loosing a high percentage of packets and the throughput is low. I pull the logs and can see there is interference,but I am at a lost as to why the throughput is so slow. I ran some speedtest and was getting less than a meg. Any suggestions or where to troubleshoot.

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Kenny, 

UP/Down : This is a counter showing the number of times the
wireless link has been established/disconnected since
the last system reboot. 

Thanks 
Munish

So this would tell me the lower the number the better??

Yes, Kenny. 

I have a RB to NRB link and I have it on a channel that has good RSSI. However when I run a speedflex test the throughput is very low. Any steps to troubleshoot this

Hi Kenny,

RSSI does not show good efficiency in optimizingthroughput . This is because the wireless communication quality depends on signal interference,
fading and many other effect besides the signal strength itself.
High transmission power gives high signal interference.Low transmission power may increase throughput because of low interference, but small signal power would make shadow areas. We need to choose the correct settings of WiFi network in order to find optimum value of transmission power and signal interference. 

Could you share the throughput result and the support info file? Distance between the two nodes?

Thanks 
Munish