cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZF7782 AP not picking uplink from ZF7782-S <100m away

vernon_wasile
New Contributor II
Currently facing issues with our mesh AP's not more than 100m away.

ZF7782 getting up link from 7782-S and was working when first installed until a week ago. Mesh AP connected to AC power when switched off and on again does not pick up the 5GHz up link. 7782-S connected to our SCG200 with error reported as:
'AP rebooted because AP lost Gateway more than 1800sec'. Code 302.

Please assist if possible. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I can't find any details on the message received.  Please open a support ticket for further investigation.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Vernon, are your APs at the limit for mesh (~600m)?  AP lost gateway is seen when mesh APs get stranded (Island) without an uplink they can find.

vernon_wasile
New Contributor II
I've managed to bring the AP's back online. Issue was that Root AP's were configured as AUTO MESH.
Once the root AP's were configured as Root AP's and not AUTO; the mesh AP's went back online.
The mesh AP's are less than 100m away from the Root AP's.

Although I've managed to 'solve' the mesh issue we now face another problem in that our AP's (all AP's in our SCG) are continuously rebooting itself every 30minutes with message "AP rebooted because of (AP lost gateway more than 1800sec)".

Vernon, that message might mean a network issue with that VLAN's def-gw, or possibly the AP.  I saw a recent KBA-4060 on the topic when controller and/or AP is behind NAT?

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000004060