cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSZ HS and disabling 2.4ghz on an SSID

peter_kley
New Contributor II
I can't seem to figure out how to disable 2.4ghz on a SSID. All other posts seem to talk about the ZD and they don't seem to be the same. vSZ is running 3.5.1. If we create the WLAN group and then create the AP group, there doesn't seem to be a way to disable 2.4 in the AP group. Is it CLI only? Help!
15 REPLIES 15

marcus_burton
New Contributor III
Hey Peter,
The way to accomplish this in SZ is to create a WLAN group (WLAN page) and add the WLANs into the WLAN groups (e.g. 2.4Group and 5Group). Then you edit the APgroup (AP page) radio settings and apply the proper WLANgroup to the AP radios as desired. 

thanks,
Marcus

peter_kley
New Contributor II
We tried this, but didn't see a way to 'disable' 2.4 or 5 in an AP group. If we unchecked the frequencies, it said we had to select one. What specific setting do we uncheck/check to disable a radio? Screenshot?

marcus_burton
New Contributor III
Hi Peter,
In the APgroup settings, you should see the below configuration in the radio options. The UI might look a little different in some respects...the screenshot below is from a 5.0 beta version. Look for the WLAN Group selector. This is where you select the WLANs that will be advertised on the radios of that APgroup. If you don't see the WLAN group setting, double check that you are editing the APgroup instead of the Zone. And if you still don't see it, let me know what build you're running.
Image_ images_messages_5f91c442135b77e2479f12c4_45ed64900ce2ee07c38a13a886dd551c_RackMultipart201804102929615qf-40513770-8ac0-48fb-a945-36fb2065efb1-1415391265.png1523381213

thanks,
Marcus

peter_kley
New Contributor II
The key was that we can't edit the default AP zone which threw me off. Once we created the AP group we were able to move all the APs to that group and override the WLAN groups. Thanks for the snip, it helped.