cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Guest Pass Ticket to a Receipt Printer

tracey_6044674
New Contributor
I want to be able to print the guest pass ticket on a thermal (receipt) printer. Problem is that the web browsers print a header and footer which makes the recept print A4 length.
The only way i have found to stop it from printing is to change a global setting so that no websites prints the header/footer. Anyone else tried to do this or found another solution?
7 REPLIES 7

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Not sure how geeky you want to get, and I haven't actually tried this, but 90% certain it would work:

http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/get_...

-Keith

tracey_6044674
New Contributor
Thanks Keith but have found a simpler alternative and that is to use Google Crome. When you go to print there is an option to untick header and footer. It still appears to be a global setting but much easier to change than in IE!

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Cool! Thanks for sharing the solution!

ed_hayes_623717
New Contributor
Hello,
Do you have any further documentation on how to set this up and the equipment requirements? I have tried to print a guess pass using Chrome as describe above to a Dynamo Label 330 printer and the information is not readable and it is not displayed correctly.
It would be a great benefit for many companys who have the Zonedirector 1100 product to be able to setup a thermal printer to print guest's temporary passwords. Could someone please post the steps and requirements or maybe there is a walk through or a setup guide?
Thank you
Ed Hayes
ehayes@srgnc.com