cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Security Patching after EOM

ross_nelson_8np
New Contributor II
I have not worked with Ruckus AP's previously, and will be installing some R510's.

I read the EOL policy at:
http://a030f85c1e25003d7609-b98377aee968aad08453374eb1df3398.r40.cf2.rackcdn.com/support/Standard_En...

However, it is unclear if security updates continue to be released between EOM and End of Support, to ensure security of the product over the full lifecycle. Can anyone clarify on this?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Ross,

I believe you have already reached out support team for this query and they have already answered it.

For everyone's awareness, I am posting the response on this thread again.

The unit model R510 is currently not listed under EOL or EOS.

Requesting you to please go through the below link from the support portal :

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/products/91-ruckus-r510#sort=relevancy&f:@commonproducts=[R510]

However, the software maintenance for the discontinued product will continue until the end-of-maintenance (EOM) date, which occurs 1 year after the product end-of-sale (EOS) date.

Ruckus Support and AP license upgrades are available for discontinued products for up to 5 years after the EOS date. The support extending beyond the discontinued product’s EOM date is limited. Ruckus Support is unable to provide software fixes or upgrades which may be required to resolve support cases after the EOM date.

There will be no software maintenance/ new updates from the date or time frame between EOM and EOS (End of Support), however the existing software will be available for the unit in question.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

I've attempted to call and ask the questions multiple times, and to-date, no one has answered the question yet. I left a voicemail with sales, and did not hear back either. The question is extremely simple, yet no one has actually answered it directly and clearly with a yes or no!

Are firmware or software security vulnerabilities patched through End of Support?

It is traditional for vendors to patch their hardware/software for security, through the full support period, but to not necessarily provide any new features. Is this the case or not? Someone must know!

Hi Ross,

I will get back to you with a straight answer soon.

Regards,

Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Many thanks, Syamantak!