cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P300 Multipoint on same Switch

adam_chok
New Contributor II
HI Team

We've been provided a wireless bridge solution, however it doesnt appear to be working for us. As usual, they sell us the product then when it comes to problems they just handball it to tech support.

We called tech support and they need to investigate it.

The solution was 1st pair from building one to building two, then another pair from building two to building three. Bassically in building two there is a managed switch that connects the access points to pass the traffic through, however when they are both connected, wireless connection loses connection. If one of the access points on the switch is disconnected with POE injector added, the wireless connects no problems at all.

It appears that when 2 access points connected to the same switch, it conflicts. And I cant find any guide regarding this particular setup.

Anyone with some experience, please advise.

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

adam_chok
New Contributor II
Ok, I managed to the the bridges up and running with default gateway enabled on all of them. I have to reconfigure the wireless bridges and cisco switches. For some reason the wireless didnt like the routes that were configured. 

Anyway, I think it should be fine however will need to monitor it.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Nublet,
   I'm glad to hear this, as I was about to suggest disabling the AP4 Eth instead of AP3 (in the middle), that would have done what you tried with the far end switch port shutdown,
thinking that end got an incorredt def-gw from DHCP.  But having your above combination of bridges and Cisco switch/router config changes to stablize the links, is good news.  Let us know if this is still good next week?  Thanks.