cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P300 Multipoint on same Switch

adam_chok
New Contributor II
HI Team

We've been provided a wireless bridge solution, however it doesnt appear to be working for us. As usual, they sell us the product then when it comes to problems they just handball it to tech support.

We called tech support and they need to investigate it.

The solution was 1st pair from building one to building two, then another pair from building two to building three. Bassically in building two there is a managed switch that connects the access points to pass the traffic through, however when they are both connected, wireless connection loses connection. If one of the access points on the switch is disconnected with POE injector added, the wireless connects no problems at all.

It appears that when 2 access points connected to the same switch, it conflicts. And I cant find any guide regarding this particular setup.

Anyone with some experience, please advise.

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

alan_rothenstre
Contributor
What mode are the P300's running in?  Root or non-root?  If at building two they are both running in non-root mode and the P300 sees access to the internet, it will not allow the wireless connection since it believes there is internet access.

adam_chok
New Contributor II
I received a call from Ruckus and apparently you cant have 2 pairs on the same switch as its a known issue. We need to split them into 2 different switches.

I hope this is not the issue as having 2 switches in between is a little excessive for wireless bridge.

Has you guys heard of this?

alan_rothenstre
Contributor
I am confused what you mean by on the same switch and two pairs.  We have a non-root and root on the same switch.  I do not see a reason for you to have two non-roots on the same switch.  If you do, then Ruckus is correct.  Once one connects the other P300 will see internet access and not try to connect to the root.  Do you have diagram to share?

adam_chok
New Contributor II
Image_ images_messages_5f91c426135b77e24798beb4_1a4c0a8f2df20a89c9d5dc1f6bf39be6_RackMultipart201607121038919pa-6e5bf540-eb26-41fc-af75-f91a5a6ebae7-1236935586.gif1468308190

adam_chok
New Contributor II
Pleasee my attached image. Thanks