cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R600 How to get maximum throughput ?

atma_tiwana
New Contributor III

Hi ,

Just wondering what’s the best way of getting maximum throughput on the R600 wireless access point running unleashed. 

At the moment I’ve separated the 5ghz and 2.4hhz SSID’s, that way I’m guaranteed which device gets onto which speed. 

However I’m wondering if this giving me the maximum speed for 5ghz devices?

With the R600 being a 3x3, does the 5ghz client get both 5ghz streams (it’s a mobile phone and I believe most are 2x2 streams) or would it be better if i just had 1 SSID with both 2.4 and 5Ghz ?

12 REPLIES 12

Sure no problem @neil_ticktin_io, please get the output as requested above. Let's see what we are missing.

Regards,

Parik

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello @neil_ticktin_io

Greetings!
Just wanted to follow up if you got a chance to collect the requested output from AP CLI. I wanted to make sure AP is doing it's job. 

Below is the command syntax again.

get mcsrate <wlan-ID> <client_MAC>

Below is the example output:

rkscli: get mcsrate wlan33 de:d7:a6:28:9e:15
AP Rx Signal (dB) 60
AP Tx Data Rate 433300
AP Tx MCS MCS 9/80/1
OK

Regards,

Parik

neil_ticktin_io
New Contributor

Hi @Parik_MN I was trying to figure out how to do this -- but I guess the CLI commands are different for an access point using Unleashed. I can get into the CLI, and get to ap-mode ... but cannot find any reference for the CLI in Unleashed for an individual AP, nor how to run the get mcsrate ... can you point me in the right direction on this?