cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Hello Issue

atma_tiwana
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have an issue with one device that keeps randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.

The device is a Nest hello doorbell.

In the UK it only runs in 2.4ghz.

I have 2 R500's running the latest unleashed firmware.

I've disabled 2.4ghz on one of the AP's to ensure its not jumping from one to another due to signal strength .

When it was connected to my BT router had no issues.

I have created a dbg file which I can upload that was set to monitor that device via mac address.

The issue appears to be a STA-DISASSOC ?

I'vetried to post a few lines from the dbg file but every time i click on post it fails

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

atma_tiwana
New Contributor III

So an update.

All of a sudden it's working fine.

I changed the combined Service providers (BT) modem/ router to a Deco M5.

But changed it back because I sold it.

However having a look on the internet I think the Cold weather in the UK may have caused issues for the Nest Hello or its external PSU as others had reported similar issues.

Suffice to say it's all setup as it was when I was having problems and it's gone back to being rock solid.

Strange

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

atma_tiwana
New Contributor III

So an update.

All of a sudden it's working fine.

I changed the combined Service providers (BT) modem/ router to a Deco M5.

But changed it back because I sold it.

However having a look on the internet I think the Cold weather in the UK may have caused issues for the Nest Hello or its external PSU as others had reported similar issues.

Suffice to say it's all setup as it was when I was having problems and it's gone back to being rock solid.

Strange

So it was at the end client device problem... Good that it fixed itself. If it will be back next winter you know  what to do -- move to warmer lands...