cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make an SSID that is wifi6 only?

bdillard
Contributor II

Hello,

I see under the SSID, if I go to radio control I can enable wifi6 - is there a way to disable the 2.4 and 5ghz on that ssid only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

8vin
RUCKUS Team Member

Acknowledged, @bdillard .

We need Tri-Radio APs like R560 and R760 to enable 6Ghz (WiFi-6E), and the Unleashed OS doesn't support those hardware's yet.

The 6Ghz is the main difference between WiFi-6 and WiFi-6E. Please find the below video tutorial from Ruckus to know more about WiFi 6E, and let us know if you have any other queries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbr39h_f0Pw

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

8vin
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @bdillard ,

WiFi-6 capable APs enable the AX capabilities on 2.4 and 5Ghz radio when you enable WiFi-6 on the WLAN. If you would like to disable either of this radio, we can do it on the same page where you have enabled WiFi-6. Please find the below screenshot for your reference and let us know if you have any other queries.

8vin_0-1677256709514.png

bdillard
Contributor II

Thannks!  Sorry but I'm unclear - it shows enable wlan on 2.4 and 5 hz only or all radios - i thought if I had enable wifi 6 check the drop down on enable WLAN might have one that said 6GHz only.

my goal is an SSID that only works on 6Ghz -no one else that doesn't have wifi 6 could use that particular SSID even though I think by default if it can use 6ghz a computer will, I don't want people without wifi 6 cards from using that ssid.

It is possible I'm not understanding Wifi 6 so I apologize if my question is absurd.

8vin
RUCKUS Team Member

Acknowledged, @bdillard .

We need Tri-Radio APs like R560 and R760 to enable 6Ghz (WiFi-6E), and the Unleashed OS doesn't support those hardware's yet.

The 6Ghz is the main difference between WiFi-6 and WiFi-6E. Please find the below video tutorial from Ruckus to know more about WiFi 6E, and let us know if you have any other queries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbr39h_f0Pw

bdillard
Contributor II

Thanks!  I was looking at my R650.   Any guess on the r560 release date?