cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to ping ICX 192.168.1.35. Suggest checking the network. ICX switch is disconnected

omprakash_thams
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am seeing my switch  status is disconnected with message Failed to ping ICX 192.168.1.35. Suggest checking the network.

I am able to connect to APs on my windows laptop and get the internet but whereas not working on my Apple devices (macbook, iphone, ipads )

Does anyone has any idea? How I can resolve this?

I had this issue last time and Lennar team replaced the switch to work. But the issue come back again. 

Thanks,

Om

8 REPLIES 8

Vineet_nejwala

Hi Om,

The issue seems tricky as you can connect on wireless via windows but not iOS. Can you validate once you try connecting to wireless via macbook, iphone, ipads are these client receiving an valid IP address and if by mistake any device policy has been configured and applied on the WLAN ? Further for the iCX message if you can login to the AP or from the window device can you ping the IP "192.168.1.35" and see the result.

You can also reach out to our TAC team who would help further with the issue.

You can open up a case using below :

1) You can call our support helpline and a rep would help creating a case :

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

2) You can directly open a case via our support portal :

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/cases/new

Best Regards

Vineet

@vineet_nejawala

I have already created a support ticket yesterday but have not heard anything back yet. 

I am getting the IP address on all Apple devices. Windows connected but the internet was dead slow. I have been using this device for one year. Got this issue last time as well so Lennar replaced the switch and worked fine but it happened again. Not sure how to troubleshoot and make it work. I see, Internet working fine when the switch shows connected. It is not working when it is in disconnect mode. 

How can I verify device policy has been configured and applied on the WLAN ?

Here is the ping status

C:\Users\othamsetty>ping 192.168.1.35

Pinging 192.168.1.35 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.21: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.35:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

I have restarted the switch again . It looks to me working fine. I don't know what was wrong. I rebooted a couple of times but finally succeeded.  

Hi @omprakash_thamsetty 

Can you please provide me your support case number to ask the TSE to reach out to you to at earliest and assist with the client connectivity issue on apple devices.

Best Regards

Vineet