cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download AP firmware from SZ directly?

Greg_WiGuy
Contributor II

I've got an unleashed deployment I want to convert over to SZ now that they've been upgraded to a supported version for the R850.  i'd like to skip the step of these things upgrading themselves multiple times to convert to SZ.  I know the SZ hosts copies of the firmware for every model of AP thats supported.  Can someone post how to pull the firmware for a specific model so I can upload to my unleashed deployment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Greg_WiGuy @jamie_walmsley,

We do maintain individual AP firmware for each model in SZ database.

We can run below set of commands from AP CLI. In below example, IP 10.1.1.1 is the SZ Control Plane IP and T310C is the AP Model. We were trying to pull firmware version 5.2.1.0.1038, through HTTP on port 91. 

Downloading directly from SZ is not allowed. Commands should be run on each and every AP, which is time consuming. However, support Engineers has access to SZ shell, they can help you pull the AP image. Please feel free to open a case.

fw set host 10.1.1.1
fw set control wsg/firmware/T310C_5.2.1.0.1038
fw set proto http
fw set port 91
fw update

Regards,

Parikshith

Sr Staff TSE

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jamie_walmsley
New Contributor III

Dont think you can.. there arent individual firmware files on the SZ for  each model.. you'd need to flash them all to the standalone FW AFAIK and then provision them on the SZ.

@jamie_walmsley 

Thanks, its something i did a long time ago with someone from Ruckus, just forgot how to do it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Greg_WiGuy @jamie_walmsley,

We do maintain individual AP firmware for each model in SZ database.

We can run below set of commands from AP CLI. In below example, IP 10.1.1.1 is the SZ Control Plane IP and T310C is the AP Model. We were trying to pull firmware version 5.2.1.0.1038, through HTTP on port 91. 

Downloading directly from SZ is not allowed. Commands should be run on each and every AP, which is time consuming. However, support Engineers has access to SZ shell, they can help you pull the AP image. Please feel free to open a case.

fw set host 10.1.1.1
fw set control wsg/firmware/T310C_5.2.1.0.1038
fw set proto http
fw set port 91
fw update

Regards,

Parikshith

Sr Staff TSE

@parikshith_nagaraj_aa0004 

Thank you, these commands worked really well once I adapted them to the R850 on my current SZ code.  The conversion was very quick after running the reboot command.