cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot SSL error SZ100

bino_thomas
New Contributor III
Hi,
i am trying to create Hotspot service for Guest.
we don't have any external proxy to authenticate, when i connect to hotspot wifi i am getting error
1. when i connect to hostspot from phone its saying (internet may not available ) if i select keep wi-fi connection and try to brows its taking me unsecured page from there i need to click processed anyway.

2. when  i trying to access from laptop not even working.Image_ images_messages_5f91c401135b77e247914312_b4dd68742d95b2d0b14d2e7cb472d36c_RackMultipart2020082941376foxt-a6e59d13-5063-4e9a-b322-b8722626ff45-1499983467.JPG1598695499

let me know how to solve these.

Regards

Bino
3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Bino,

It seems a captive portal redirection issue.

When you try to access a http website (say espn.com), after connecting to WLAN, are you getting portal page? If you are getting a security warning, could you confirm if you are using a CA signed certificate for controller and it's related web services?

Please provide more information.

1- WLAN configuration screenshot.
2- Did you configured walled garden?
3- Is the AP and client VLAN is same or different. Try to use same AP and client VLAN and confirm results. If this works.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

bino_thomas
New Contributor III
Hi Symantak,

Thank you for the replay.

i am going to use Guest portal instead of Hotspot service.
i am facing problem with SSL certificate error, i am ready to buy SSL certificate how how can i change portal address. now portal address showing IP , i want to change to name then only SSL providers will provide certificate 

You can choose your desired name followed by company name.

For example: sz.ruckuswireless.com

If you are going to buy a wild card cert then you just need the company name.

For example: *ruckuswireless.com

Note: Make sure to add DNS entry for the domain name you select or FQDN of the device.

If you have a CA signed wildcard certificate already, you can use it with SZ without buying a new one.

Please refer the article from here, which explains how to create CSR and import the cert on SZ controller.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn