cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Zone - change Firmware Version

pluto09
New Contributor III

Hello Community

how can i change the firmware version in the Default Zone in the vSZ? I want to downgrade the fw version, with it supports all of my AP's, the older ones too.

Thank you

17 REPLIES 17

pluto09
New Contributor III

Now i created the rule with ip-adress, but if i migrate from the old ZD it creates a new Zone "ZD_ZoneX" with firmware 6.x

What am I doing wrong? I'm confused!

Amith
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @pluto09 ,
The ZD migrated APs will try to download the default controller firmware 6.1.1. This is expected behaviour. As a workaround, we can try to flash the AP with a standalone version and then execute "set scg ip <IP of controller>" and "reboot" to have the APs connected to the vSZ.

Thank you!
Amith 

pluto09
New Contributor III

Hi @Amith,

this sounds good. Why must i flash the AP firmware first? Can i not run the "set scg ip" without flashing?

Thanks you!

Franz

Hi @pluto09 
If the AP is in ZD firmware, it will be able to connect to vSZ since it is already in the controller firmware. So you will have to convert the AP to Standalone image and then connect to vSZ.
So that the Registration Rule can work and move the APs to corresponding zones as per settings.

Hi @pluto09

Please find the below article to configure the AP registration rule and you could map new zone with 3.x firmware.

WebUI of controller >> Network >> wireless >> AP settings >> AP registration >> create >> Select all paramaters and zone >> ok

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/sz-522-adminguide-sz300vsz/page/GUID-EF10D5CB-0F7F-4C6D-A629-853AB...

Thankyou.