cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the cluster Control IP

yossia
New Contributor

Hello all,

i have in my environment 2 nodes of Virtual SmartZone. today the remote sites connecting via Layer 2 Point to Point Lines and the access points are in the same subnet with the cluster Control IP. i am going to change the network topology and the remote sites will connect via Layer 3 IPSEC Tunnels so i have to change access point ip addresse.
in addition, i want to change the Control IP address, what are the consequences? it is matter to which interface the access point is reaching?

Best Regards,
Yossi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Ok that sounds like a minor changes @yossia. You could update the controller IP in DNS. Upon AP reboot they would get a new IP address. Then the Control IP can be changed.

Note that, IP address change would take about 10 minutes to take effect on the interface.

Regards,

Parik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello @yossia

The changes sounds like vSZ would be moved behind NAT. If yes you would need to update Control NAT IP address in vSZ. The APs only talks to Control NAT IP, if they are moved to L3 network behind the NAT. Before making changes you would need to apply AP CLI script, so that all APs would know the new IP address about to be changed.

Regards,

Parik

Hi @Parik_MN 

there will be no NAT, it's all our Inside Network without going out to internet.
the APs are getting the controller IP address from our DNS Server. so this will be a swift change.

Thank you for the reply.

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Ok that sounds like a minor changes @yossia. You could update the controller IP in DNS. Upon AP reboot they would get a new IP address. Then the Control IP can be changed.

Note that, IP address change would take about 10 minutes to take effect on the interface.

Regards,

Parik

yossia
New Contributor

Thank you @Parik_MN