cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection getting disconnected multiple times

pradeepgogu
New Contributor

I have been using Rukus for the last 3 years without any issues, with multiple providers (Xfinity and AT&T). Recently i have been experience disconnection issues when i connect directly to my Ruckus wifi. The speed is high when I do speed test, but the wifi either gets slow or disconnects frequently. I read the below article and I want to get help on how to fix this, given I only have macbook at home. I am unable to upload pictures to this message (I am getting an error that "You do not have permission to upload images"

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Slow-and-irregular-performan...

Can you please help

14 REPLIES 14

pradeepgogu
New Contributor

Attaching the pictures of my Ruckus connection, and lan scan

PXL_20240119_213309043.jpgPXL_20240119_213334123.jpg

pradeepgogu_0-1705700289381.png

PXL_20240119_213358164.jpg

Hi @pradeepgogu 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your you have intermittent Internet connectivity via your RUCKUS setup.

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the R510 Access Points, they seem to be in a normal status.

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable (Yellow cable) which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port. Reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) your Switch once.

Once you complete the above process, please try to find the IP address of the Switch and try to access CLI as per the below guide.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

Please confirm if you are able to access the CLI or let me know if you have any queries.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I changed my yellow cable position per your recommendation, see the snapshot belowIMG_2341.jpg

I also ran the CLI and this is what I get

pradeepgogu_0-1705975529162.png

The speed connecting to Ruckus is much lower than the speed connecting directly to my router. See the snapshot below. I think Ruckus should be faster as i am getting signal from wired access point vs. my router where I am getting the signal from the extender. Can you help me fix it. I used to get 200 - 300 mbps+ speed on my ruckus earlier

This is from Ruckus

pradeepgogu_0-1705978176760.png

This is from my router

pradeepgogu_1-1705978271855.png

Hi @pradeepgogu 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As you are getting ‘rkscli’ prompt on the CLI which is of Unleashed and you are using the Access Points IP address and not the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch IP address. You should see ICX7150-C12 Router> OR ICX7150-C12 Switch> prompts in CLI.

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and access the CLI.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.