cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on ICX switch is connecting, no wifi

jsun
New Contributor

Stuck on ICX switch is connecting

also receiving this error: Unleashed system only supports ICX firmware version 08.0.90 or later.

I can’t connect to the access point on my Mac terminal it’s telling me that the flash command is not right. Also I can’t install on my work computer to connect through wire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jsun 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared. 

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port and try again. If requires please reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) your Switch and ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router once.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @jsun 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared. 

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port and try again. If requires please reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) your Switch and ISP (Internet Service Provider) Router once.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hm that seems to have fixed it! Hopefully it sticks... That's so weird though it had been working before with the ethernet cable configured in the picture! Thank you

Hi @jsun 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Great!!! Good to know that the issue is now resolved. 

Yes, the new software versions have been designed to connect it via 1 in-12 ports on the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

I spoke to soon, apologies. It seems to be working but only connecting sporatically? It seems to be cutting in and out really often. Are you sure there's nothing to be done to fix the upgrade firmware thing (see photo attached in previous message)

Hi @jsun 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As you have an intermittent connection, this issue may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Suppose the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To check the same please follow the below process.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if you are stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi