cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos sub can't pair with soundbar in Ruckus network

malayilalex
New Contributor

Hi,

I recently bought a Sonos Sub and Subwoofer and I couldn't able to complete the steps which sub connect soundbar through wifi.My house enabled with ruckus access point and switches(home built by Lennar) .Is there anyway I can do this through this wifi.

When I contacted Sonos technical support they said ruckus won't allow this type of connection.

Thanks

Alex

4 REPLIES 4

Imran_ruckus

Hi @malayilalex 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you need assistance in setting up your sound system with RUCKUS.

Apologies, we cannot complete its configuration by connecting it to the RUCKUS AP Wi-Fi.
I believe you must complete its configuration from a Smartphone through its application. (Please refer to the below video link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gRqJB91Evk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Did I answer your query? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answer as an Accepted solution.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I did through the app but my question is while doing through the app there is a step which sub connects soundbar through the WiFi which is not happening, when I check with 'sonos' team, they said ruckus won’t allow multicast that’s the reason it’s not working.
I am checking to see is there any other way or steps to resolve this? 
Thank you

Hi @malayilalex 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Apologies for the delayed response.

We may need to try the below steps to connect the Sonos setup with the RUCKUS Wi-Fi. We need CLI access to the Master Access Point. For this, we need the Master Access Point’s IP Address to access CLI. Please follow the below steps on how to find the Master AP’s IP Address and access CLI to perform the commands.

Please follow the below steps to access CLI and perform commands:

1. We must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the RUCKUS Master Access Point. Please log into the RUCKUS Unleashed system and find the Master AP’s IP address. (Please refer to the below screenshot to find the same)

2. Once we identify the IP address of the Master Access Point, proceed to access remotely the device “Command Line” 

Please download the Putty Application and try to log in to the CLI using the Master AP’s IP Address.

Putty download link:https://www.putty.org/ 

Try the SSH option to log in to CLI (Putty) as described below- Please refer below.

SSH- Port 22 

If you can access the Command line should look like this: (As in below screenshot)

ruckus>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

ruckus> enable                                                          

ruckus# config                                                            

ruckus(config)# show wlan                     

ruckus(config)# wlan hotspot   (Please refer below point*)              

ruckus(config-wlan)# no qos directed-multicast    

ruckus(config-wlan)# qos directed-threshold 0     

ruckus(config-wlan)# end

*The ‘show wlan’ command will display the name of the Wi-Fi Network/SSID, so please put in your Wi-Fi Network/SSID. In the above command, my SSID/Wi-Fi network name is ‘hotspot’ (refer to the below screenshot)

Once you perform all the above commands, please restart your SONOS setup and check. 

Let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @malayilalex 

Please follow the steps shared in my previous post and let me know if you have any queries.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi