cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Performance and Poor Range - Ruckus R510 Access Point

Bay
New Contributor

Hello, I have Spectrum wifi, and if I connect to the Spectrum router when standing nearby to it, I get performance of about 500mbps.

When further away from the Spectrum wifi router, I connect to the Ruckus R510 network (there are 2 Ruckus R510s access points in the house with wired backhaul to Spectrum). Performance from the Ruckus R510 network is severely degraded vs. the Spectrum router (~20mbps on Ruckus).

I updated to the latest Ruckus software and ensured I was on the correct country code. I tried selecting "Automatically adjust AP radio power" however this made no difference. 

I have also tried connecting via ethernet to the Ruckus network - there, the performance is better ~150mbps, however still much slower than if nearby the Spectrum router.

Would appreciate any troubleshooting steps that could be offered. Thank you

15 REPLIES 15

pinky_ruckus

Hello @Bay ,

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing the information.

I would suggest you to upgrade the firmware of the Switch since the Switch is on the older version.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to upgrade the Switch firmware version to the recommended stable version.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Please follow the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.