cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Performance and Poor Range - Ruckus R510 Access Point

Bay
New Contributor

Hello, I have Spectrum wifi, and if I connect to the Spectrum router when standing nearby to it, I get performance of about 500mbps.

When further away from the Spectrum wifi router, I connect to the Ruckus R510 network (there are 2 Ruckus R510s access points in the house with wired backhaul to Spectrum). Performance from the Ruckus R510 network is severely degraded vs. the Spectrum router (~20mbps on Ruckus).

I updated to the latest Ruckus software and ensured I was on the correct country code. I tried selecting "Automatically adjust AP radio power" however this made no difference. 

I have also tried connecting via ethernet to the Ruckus network - there, the performance is better ~150mbps, however still much slower than if nearby the Spectrum router.

Would appreciate any troubleshooting steps that could be offered. Thank you

15 REPLIES 15

Bay
New Contributor

The device is on the 5G band (I can see this from the Ruckus Unleashed admin dashboard).

Hello @Bay ,

Thank you for the response and the information shared.

Could you please confirm if you have unplugged the ethernet cable from the port and connected it to one of the 12 ports?

Once after connecting it to the right port, please reboot as mentioned in the previous post.

Please share the requested information and let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi @Bay  ,

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the R510 Access Points, they seem to be in a normal status.

As I see from the picture you shared, it seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port then reboot (unplug and plug from the power outlet) and try to connect to the Internet via Access Points.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

I moved that Ethernet plug as recommended in the screen above, then did a hard reset, however see no performance difference (degradation from ISP speed still reduces performance by >50%.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello @Bay ,

Thank you for the response and the information shared.

Upon checking the light status, we see that everything looks good with the Switch and the AP. At this point, we suggest you to  perform a factory reset on the access point and establish a new Wi-Fi network/SSID.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to factory reset the AP and create new Wi-Fi network.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please follow the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran