cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus switch not working with Spectrum

FriscoHm
New Contributor

I am running into issue with Rukus ICX-7150-C12P switch when moving from at&t service to a Spectrum service.

I can connect to internet when I am connected to AT&T but when I switch it with the Spectrum Modem, I don’t seem to have internet connection.  I have verified that Spectrum service is working by connecting directly to the Modem without the switch. Power cycling both the modem and the switch does not seem to help. I even did a factory reset of the switch by referring the instructions on this forum but that does not seem to change anything.  Below are the status lights on the switch and the 2 APs we have connected.

I tried to access the switch using the web browser but the passwords shared on this forum did not work. So I consoled into the switch. Below are screenshots of the status I see. Is the TFTP timeout okay.  I am lost on what the issue is. How can I debug this further and resolve this. Your help is much appreciated.

20240504_175336.jpg20240504_175238.jpg20240504_175214.jpgMoba2.jpgMoba1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @FriscoHm 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after changing the Internet Service Provider (ISP).

If your ISP modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device. Could you please confirm this once?

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check and confirm. Let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

FriscoHm
New Contributor

I missed mentioning but I can confirm the incoming ethernet connection is connected to the one of the 12 ports. I did not touch the connections on the switch side only swapped the  att and spectrum modems on the other end.

Hi @FriscoHm 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working after changing the Internet Service Provider (ISP).

If your ISP modem is directly connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch, it doesn’t work only with Modem. The connection must be from a Router or Modem-Router combo device. Could you please confirm this once?

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please check and confirm. Let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

FriscoHm
New Contributor

😁I get it. Router is required before a switch can connect to the network and that is what I was missing. Added a router and everything is working as expected. Thanks @Imran_ruckus for your help!

Hi @FriscoHm 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Great!!! Good to know that the issue is now resolved. 

Yes, the for Router is responsible to assign IP addresses from it's DHCP server to the connected devices for Internet access.

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi