cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus WiFi not functional

Daneabernardo
New Contributor

Last week some workers finishing our basement cut power to the basement for about 30 minutes. After turning it back on, the Ruckus box and WiFi throughout the house has not been functional. The WiFi is visible and you can connect to it, but it doesn’t do anything. Work computer cannot VPN through it. Things do not load on mobile devices. The Spectrum cable modem and router are working fine, we are using the weak signal upstairs. I have power cycled and quick reset all boxes including the Ruckus device, but our normal WiFi option is not useable. Thank you. 

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @Daneabernardo 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please check your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch IP address?

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address and log into the same.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

IMG_7726.jpeg

Imran, I used the ‘Fing’ app per the instructions and found 192.168.1.92 as the IP address for the Ruckus switch. Photo attached. When I type that IP address into both Safari and Google Chrome, nothing happens. It says it cannot connect to the server. Is that what I’m supposed to be doing, typing the IP into the search engine?

IMG_7725.jpeg

Hi @Daneabernardo 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

The IP address you are trying on the web browser is of Unleashed and not of the ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and try to access it.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

They DO NOT show when running advanced IP, nor do they show while looking for all IP addresses in command prompt. NOTHING associated with RUCKUS shows. I am done with this, I am just going to replace this junk switch.  The only things that show are my AT&T gateway, my TP Link non WiFi router, then a few various wifi able devices like the controller for my fishtank and my Amazon devices. NOTHING associated with RUCKUS shows. The ONLY thing that I could do is to factory reset the RUCKUS equipment and set it all up all over again, which is not a fun process, then hope it all connects again, or replace the trash switch. 

Hi @GWwillings 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well

As this case is raised by @Daneabernardo 

Please reply on your own post using the below link.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/What-switch-works-with-RUCKU...

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi