cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Switch keep rebooting causing wifi disapper

saurabhk01
New Contributor

This issue has started from 07/17 and happening more frequently in evening/night. There is no issue on internet and it is working fine if connect from MODEM.

When the system is working it looks like this:

One access point shows four lights illuminated solid green (Power, CTL, 2.5G, 5G)

The other access point shows three lights illuminated (Power, 2.5G, 5G) with the CTL light not illuminated at all.

The switch has the STAT light illuminated green within the outline on the far left. And the SYST and Power lights are illuminated green in the array of 6 lights with no outline. The ports are blinking green randomly.

The system stays on like this for a random amount of time, sometimes 10 minutes, and sometimes 3 hours, but eventually it begins displaying different light patterns on the switch. At that point the system starts to look like this:

[Same status] One access point shows four lights illuminated solid green (Power, CTL, 2.5G, 5G)

[Same status] The other access point shows three lights illuminated (Power, 2.5G, 5G) with the CTL light not illuminated at all.

[New status] The switch has the SPD light illuminated green within the outline on the far left. The SYST light is flashing amber. The Power light is illuminated green. The ports are blinking green randomly.

This carries on until it all turns off. At that point the system looks like this:

[New status] One access point shows no lights

[New status] The other access point shows no lights

[New status] The SYST light is steady illuminated amber. The Power light is illuminated green. The ports are all off.

APAPAP 1 CTLAP 1 CTLSwitchSwitchThen it reboots back to the first statuses I listed above when the system is "working" and the WiFi functions for another random amount of time until the cycle starts again.

Please help on this as it is impacting work.

26 REPLIES 26

Reese
New Contributor II

When I logged into my Unleashed account, I was showing that my Access Points were on version 200.7 and it said I should update to the latest version 200.14. I am currently updating to version 200.14.179. So far today before this, I have not had any internet outages.

Hi @saurabhk01 

For detailed understanding of the issue please follow the below steps and share the output of the below commands.

1- To fix this issue, we must identify the ‘currently’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch

-We can try the IP address that shows in the dashboard copy and paste it in the URL if that redirects you to the login page for the ICX-7150-C12P that is the correct one if not.

I will leave you a guide how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2-Once we identified the IP address of the switch proceed to access remote to the device 'command Line' 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-12P' or 'access points' "Network devices"

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access to the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> or

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

1. Now please perform the following commands and share the output:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

Show flash

Show version

Show inline power

Show inline power detail

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello Jayavidhya,

could you please let me know update on it?

Jayavidhya

Hi @saurabhk01 

In the previous post you have mentioned that your switch has green and amber. But the photos you have uploaded has green lights on it.

[New status] One access point shows no lights

[New status] The other access point shows no lights

[New status] The SYST light is steady illuminated amber. The Power light is illuminated green. The ports are all off.

Please confirm the current LED status of the switch and the access points.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello Jayavidhya,

sorry for confusion, when switch reboot SYST has amber light for a minute but it later turn to green. 
switch and access points remain stable for 10-15 minutes but again reboot.

problem is here continuous reboot of switch.