cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Lennar Switch (ICX-7150-C12P) NOT working

tandemsankar
New Contributor

Hi,

Can someone please help me. I having issue with my Lennar Ruckus Switch (ICX-7150-C12P).

1. Un-stable/slow connection.

2. Unable to connect switch from Unleashed web/App.

3. Unable to connect the switch from console port also.

Please find the below error message in dashboard.

:Failed to ping ICX 192.168.x.xx. Suggest checking the network.:

*Unleashed system only supports ICX firmware version 08.0.90 or later.

Switch’s Console ports are not responding. I have tried different troubleshooting steps however, the failure persists, and unable to perform the software recovery on the Switch.

tandemsankar_0-1713574789793.png

Can you please someone help me to fix the issue.

22 REPLIES 22

Hi Chandini,

• Connect a pc to one of the free ports and give a static IP address in the same network as that of the switch - Done
  • Then in PC open command prompt and ping IP address of the switch - not workingtandemsankar_1-1713797019660.png

• If reachable then take SSH of same IP address and let me know if you are able to see the switch CLI prompt. - Unable to get into CLI prompt, please refer above screenshot
  • Once you have access run "show version" and share the output.

Hi @tandemsankar 

Thank you for the information you shared.

Could you please check if you are using the correct Switch IP address?

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and try to log in on the web browser.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Could you please check if you are using the correct Switch IP address? - Yes I am using correct Switch IP, 

tandemsankar_0-1713812758021.png

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. - Yes, I am able to, But unable to login using web UI, I tried with my passwords & default passwords. none of the working. then i tried to reset the password via CLI. The console ports are not working/responding. Please find the web UI screenshot for your reference.

tandemsankar_1-1713812783282.png

Hi @tandemsankar 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please try to log into the Switch on the web browser using the default credentials?

Switch default credentials will be as mentioned below. 

Username: super

Password: sp-admin

If the above credentials don’t work, as you already tried, once again you can try below default credential combinations.

These usernames and passwords are key sensitive, please use capital letters and other characters wherever necessary.

If any of the above credentials doesn’t work, please try to factory reset the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch as described in below VIDEO and once you perform the reset try to login with the above-mentioned default credentials again.

VIDEO link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

I have tried default user id's and passwords , none of them are working.

one small observation:

1. When I connect my laptop to Switch Wifi (via AP) - Web UI NOT working (login page is not coming up).

2. When I connect my laptop directly to internet modem - Web UI page is coming up.

Not sure, why?

I have also followed the password reset video twice, no luck. still the problem exist.

In the video, they are showing the CLI prompt and booting options, which i am not able to see. as you aware, my console ports are not working/responding.