cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus ICX7150-C12 Switch is frequently dropping internet connection

darkcoffee243
New Contributor

I own a Lennar home that comes with a pre-installed Ruckus ICX7150-C12. I never had issues with the internet connection from the switch until a Spectrum agent came over to my house to replace their modem with another one. Since then, any connection via the ruckus switch, either through ethernet or the unleash wireless access points, has been unstable. Unstable, meaning my browser failing to find the DNS server, videos not loading, etc. My router, a TP-link AC1750, is connected in between the ruckus switch and modem and has no problems connecting to the internet. I've tried resetting the Ruckus Switch via powercycling and factory resetting the TP-link router, but the issues still persist.

I also noticed that the Spectrum representative rearranged my cat6 cables that are connected from the router to the switch. I don't know why he did this, or what else he changed. Currently, the configurations are this: The modem's ethernet cable is connected to the router, and the router's ethernet cable is connected to one of the 10 numbers ethernet ports.

In short, the ruckus switch's connection to my internet has been poor ever since my modem was swapped out for another one. Resetting all three devices (switch, router, modem) doesn't seem to have helped.

27 REPLIES 27

jijo_panangat
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello,

Understand your situation, but Its difficult to predict what the issue could be. Since it all started after the replacement of modem, Pls check any settings got changed or DNS address on router (primary/secondary) which can cause similar issues.

If you have access to switch (telnet/console), You may also open a Tac case so one of our tech can look into the problem.

Is it the same irrespective of connecting to wireless or wired ? 

Thanks

Jijo 

darkcoffee243
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I had already opened a case with support and basically what had happened was that the switch converted to router mode, which might have happened after the spectrum techincian powered off the switch. The ruckus engineer switched it back to switch mode and all is good for now.

Glad to hear that, You can also set the system to always boot from primary or secondary based on where the switch image is loaded.

Here is the  reference link, You may also ask the ruckus tech for config assistance.

http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/08.0.90/fastiron-08090-commandref/GUID-9B008914-403A-4FE1-84...

Thanks

Jijo 

dylan_chun_wong
New Contributor II

Hi I just wanted to provide concrete answers on how to determine if your switch is in router mode or switch mode My symptoms:

Intermittent traffic drops on ruckus network

Normal traffic on ISP gateway

DHCP list on ISP gateway's web GUI showed ICX7150-C12 Router