cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated Issue with no Resolution - ICX 7150 keep getting to boot mode every time we lose power

helbastawisy
New Contributor

This is a repeated issue. The ruckus closes the case with no resolution. The unit is at my residence and by the time we receive a response I am at work. The same issue keeps repeating and the same answers I get, to reset.

In brief, the unit gets to reboot mode every time we lose power. The STAT amber light is on and the POWER green light is on. There are five access points connected. This is repeated many times. My home network is not working for a few weeks. Please advise

helbastawisy_0-1710257492224.jpeg

helbastawisy_2-1710257536588.jpeg

helbastawisy_3-1710257565963.jpeg

23 REPLIES 23

Imran,

Again we lost power, and the switch went again into Boot mode. This is not sustainable. I travel frequently and I can not be home all the time to get my smart home tools (irrigation, thermostat, door locks,...) failing every time we lose power. What is a permanent solution?

Hello @helbastawisy 

My name is Sofia and I am the support engineer currently assigned to this service request. 

Based on what you said, even if we replace the unit,it might still enter boot mode during another power outage. Therefore, to mitigate potential power-related problems, I recommend using an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and connecting the ICX to it. This should help prevent any power-related issues.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

Hello, Sofia.

I am sorry but as a professional engineer, your proposed solution is not acceptable. This is faulty equipment (switch) under a life warranty. For the past few years, it has been working fine but now it is not. It is not a power issue that I have to solve it is the switch issue that needs to be replaced. Please proceed with replacement. Thanks

Hello @helbastawisy 

We can proceed with the replacement. However, as I mentioned previously, if power outages are frequent in your area, an UPS will be necessary. This is because the new unit could revert to boot mode again if there is any loss of power.

This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided below:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens