cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA Request - ICX7150 Boot fails on startup with Errors Can't get Kernel Image

PlanB
New Contributor
Here are the steps taken to troubleshoot this issue.  

Problem: 
Observed that the primary and secondary boot partitions on the device are corrupted and unable to load.  Boot fails on startup with Errors Can't get Kernel Image! (Screenshots). 

Steps taken to try to resolve this 

Followed the directions here 

Successfully connected to the console via USBc, However, it fails when trying to connect to TFTP

When attempting to connect to the switch via TFTP I continually received the error message that the Host is not alive.  Seeing this I followed the directions on this support thread:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-host-192-168-0-x-is-n...

Confirmed that the device was connected correctly to my PC, confirmed the network settings were configured as required, and confirmed that Windows Firewall is disabled as requested in the troubleshooting.  This resulted in the same error as above.  Attached screenshots of the configuration for Ruckus support

Confirmed that this TFTP setup from my desktop works on my own personal ICX7150, it does work so this tells me that there are other issues with this switch and it needs to be RMAd with Ruckus. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PlanB 

Thank you for the update.

CHAT is the only option to proceed with RMA for Lennar home users.

Please use the same link with a different browser on the Laptop and also try in Incognito mode.

Thank you again for your understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Imran_ruckus

Hi @PlanB 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are unable to perform the software recovery of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

Could you please let me know if you have performed the factory reset of the Switch using a paper clip? If not, please try the same multiple times as described in the below link.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please try and let me know if that works.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

I have and observed that the unit was unable to boot from either the primarily or secondary partition. They are corrupted.

Hi @PlanB 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

After performing the factory reset using a paper clip multiple times, do you still see the Amber light on SYST?

Please confirm.

And during the software recovery process if you see 'not alive' error even after disabling the firewall, please continue to perform next set of commands as described in the 'point no-2' of the below guide.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-host-192-168-0-x-is-n...

Please check and let me know if that works.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hello, Imran.  Yes, I attempted those steps listed in their documentation, step 2 and beyond are not successful on that switch.  I tested TFTP on another known good device and it works fine.  The issue is with that device.  The unit needs to be RMAd, please assist to expedite this request.
TY