cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 AP Disconnected and Unable to Reconnect

shirtbrother
New Contributor

I have x2 R510 APs and one works fine, the other does not. The PWR light has been red for some time now and initially, it still showed up in my Unleashed network manager as disconnected/offline, now it doesn't show up in Unleashed at all. The POE ethernet port is green and the PWR light has remained red.

I have done extensive research into self-service troubleshooting and have tried the following: Unplugging POE and replugging it, tried alternative POE ethernet cables, tested alternative ports on the main switch, and performed a physical factory reset. Based on similar support posts, it seems that my unit is likely defective. I am not sure what steps I can take from here.

3 REPLIES 3

Imran_ruckus

Hi @shirtbrother 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that one of the Access Points isn’t working with the RED light.

Could you please try to plug the ethernet cable of that Access Point into any 1 in-12 ports as highlighted in the below screenshot?

If you tried the above step, you could connect the Access Point to an external 12 VDC power adapter and check it separately without connecting to the Switch PoE port cable. (Please refer to the below screenshots). Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/Modem-Router combo device.

Try to reset the AP with a paper clip after connecting it to 12 VDC power adapter.

Please check the Access Point following the above process and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

shirtbrother
New Contributor

Hi Imran,

Thank you for the prompt response! I tried the steps you outlined above - Upon performing a physical reset, the CTL slowly blinked green for a short time, then stopped, and now the AP is back to only displaying a solid red PWR led. My unleashed dashboard still only shows the one AP with no sign of the defective one showing up. 

Any thoughts on next steps?

Thank you

Hi @shirtbrother 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please try to connect non-working AP to a 12 VDC external power adapter and try reset it using a paper clip?

Please check and let me know if that works.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.