cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to setup Ruckus

filipl
New Contributor

Since lennar installed it, it never worked but I need to get better connection. They did not configure it at all. 

The guy from spectrum came and he said it's not working either. We tried every possible way to configure it. Here's what's happening

1. fully reset
  2. connect with the switch(spectrum technical support helped on the spot, ensured connection is right)
  3. connect to configure me(make sure it doesn't auto disconnect, stays connected, says no internet)
  4. open unleashed app
  5. try typical setup: loading, then it says failed to get the configuration
  6. I try to go to the IP address to configure
  7. it says "configuring"
  8. tried again: setup failed. 

The sticker behind the extender with username/pass is not readable. Not sure what that is for. 

I tried this process multiple times, same result. 

How do I properly reset and configure it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Imran_ruckus

Hi @filipl 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are trying to set up your RUCKUS devices in your Lennar Home.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Once you confirm the RUCKUS devices are connected as per the above description,  You can try connecting to the Wi-Fi network from the RUCKUS Access Points using the credentials provided on the Networking Device holding cabin. (Please refer to the below screenshot) 

If the login username and password don’t work, you need to factory reset your RUCKUS Access Points and configure them with a new Wi-Fi network/SSID. Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article for the Access Points factory reset process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Imran_ruckus

Hi @filipl 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are trying to set up your RUCKUS devices in your Lennar Home.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Once you confirm the RUCKUS devices are connected as per the above description,  You can try connecting to the Wi-Fi network from the RUCKUS Access Points using the credentials provided on the Networking Device holding cabin. (Please refer to the below screenshot) 

If the login username and password don’t work, you need to factory reset your RUCKUS Access Points and configure them with a new Wi-Fi network/SSID. Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article for the Access Points factory reset process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @filipl 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide an update on the status of the issue to proceed further?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

filipl
New Contributor

Hey thank you for your reply. 

I followed the above steps: reset 3 times(wasn't factory resetting), then I got the configureMe network. 

Also, I did notice that it is required to only plug one device at a time. And I believe that might have been the issue before, since I had two devices plugged in. 

The android app configuration was showing an error, did not connect. However, I accessed the gateway address in my phone browser and after 2-3 unsecured network pages, I got to the configuration page. Big success I'd say. I set the necessary options and it worked great - thank you. 

Unfortunately, the wifi speed does not go beyond 500-600mbps. I'm on a 1gb internet. But that's another problem I'll deal with later.

Thank you again for your support!

Hi @filipl 

Greetings!!!
Thank you for the response and the update.

Please perform the factory reset configuration on a Laptop web browser. Please refer to the below Video explaining the process also included in the factory reset guide shared in my previous post.

As you have 2 R510 Access Points in your setup, remove the cable of any ONE Access Point from the Switch port, and perform the factory reset only on the ONE connected access point. Once you complete it, connect the unplugged Access point cables back to the Switch ports and it will sync up with the configurations from the factory reset Access Point. 

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi