cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power to AP

evantrip08
New Contributor

We lost power over a month ago and our AP  has not worked since.  We have reset it 50+ times.  We also tried to recover the system 3 times.  We get the error ping failed not alive.  What else can we do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @evantrip08 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is stuck in the boot mode. This means that, on the Switch, there will be an Orange/Amber light on SYST and a Green light on PWR.

You tried to reset the Switch with a paper clip multiple times and tried a software recovery of the Switch with a ping not alive error.

As you are getting this ‘ping not alive’ error, please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article to fix this error and repeat the software recovery process once again.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-host-192-168-0-x-is-n...

Please follow the above process and let me know if you need any help during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Imran_ruckus

Hi @evantrip08 
Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting the RUCKUS Community forums.

Could you please let me know if this is a Lennar Home RUCKUS setup?

Please confirm.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Yes it is.

Hi @evantrip08 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is stuck in the boot mode. This means that, on the Switch, there will be an Orange/Amber light on SYST and a Green light on PWR.

You tried to reset the Switch with a paper clip multiple times and tried a software recovery of the Switch with a ping not alive error.

As you are getting this ‘ping not alive’ error, please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article to fix this error and repeat the software recovery process once again.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-host-192-168-0-x-is-n...

Please follow the above process and let me know if you need any help during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Thank you so much!  This worked!!!