cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My R510 (non master) is not working

rehertel
New Contributor

I have two R510 and the one on our first floor is no longer.  It does not power on when connected to the ethernet an longer nor does it have any green lights on the back PoE ethernet port.  Need assistance in troubleshooting/replacing.  Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

Hi @rehertel 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please check the Access Point by connecting to an external 12 VDC power adapter and check it separately without connecting to the Switch PoE port cable. (Please refer to the below screenshot). Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/Modem-Router combo device.

Once you connect with an external power adapter, try to reset the Access Point as explained in the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help guide.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please check and confirm if that works.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thanks, Imran.  Since this Access Point was connected to the ceiling and powered via the ethernet cable no 12 VDC power adapter was provided by Lennar.  Moreover, I do not plan on using the power adapter in the future, so I am not terribly enthusiastic about buying one simply to perform this test.  

Hi @rehertel 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Usually, you will find the 12 VDC adapter connected to your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router/Modem-Router combo device.

please check and confirm.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Hi @rehertel 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide an update on the status of the issue to proceed further?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Unfortunately, due to the AP’s plastic shield covering the 12VDC plug insert, there is not enough space for me to plug in the ISP’s power adapter.  At this point I will have to buy a power adapter.