cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main ICX-7150-C12P not sending signal to panoramic ceiling boxes (indoor APs?)

mb007
New Contributor

Hi Imran, I SO hope you can help me! I keep getting kicked around and I hope this is where I can get help.We switched internet service providers, and now the panoramic wifi boxes (indoor APs?) don't send signal.

It was working fine with the COX modem plugged into it.  But now it doesn't with the AT&T one plugged in.

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you!

9 REPLIES 9

Imran_ruckus

Hi @mb007 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, with no Internet to the Access Points.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports)

3. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from the Router to a laptop/PC).

4. May I know if you have RUCKUS Access Points connected to the Switch? If yes, could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please login to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for getting back to me!

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

It came installed with the home when we bought it new.  It wasn't a power outage issue.  We disconnected it from the COX device and plugged in the new AT&T router.  But now there is no signal from the RUCKUS to connect to.

2.  All lights are on and green.

IMG15 copy.jpg

 3.  The Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) is stable and working.

4. Yes.  3 of them.  The lights are green and flashing.  Each one has a different amount of lights on.  1st floor has all but the "AIR" light on and flashing green.  The 2nd floor has flashing green on the "PWR" and "CTL".  and the 3rd floor has flashing green on the "PWR" only.

IMG18.jpgIMG16.jpgIMG17.jpg

I look forward to you help and advice in this matter!

Hi @mb007 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the detailed information you shared.

As per the light status of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and the R510 Access Points, they seem to be in a normal status.

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like the ethernet cable which is coming from the ISP’s (Internet Service Provider’s) Router or Modem/Router combo is plugged into the wrong port on the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-12 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please unplug the ethernet cable and plug it into the correct port. Reboot (Unplug and plug from the power outlet) your ISP Router and RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch once then try to connect to the Internet via Access Points.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Thanks you for the reply and your instructions.  Unfortunately, after following the steps as directed, I still can't connect.  is the light from the ISP's cable supposed to be lit green as well?  Just like the AP's?IMG19.jpg