Hello, I just bought a Lennar Home and it came with the Ruckus Switch ICX 7150-C12P and Ruckus unleashed wireless access point R320 looking to set up the best possible/ most reliable network with the hardware I currently have. I am obviously not a networking pro but not completely clueless.
We got At&T Fibre which came with bgw320-500 Router which seems to have great reviews online for the most part.
When they came to connect the Internet, the tech said the AT&T router would provide a much better wireless network than the ruckus set up (I suspect either he doesn't know or didn't want to be bothered with additional install or questions), so this is what I'm currently using.
The ruckus switch and WAP are currently unplugged. So far is working ok, with no major issues but it's not great. I've had to reconnect a few devices to the network a handful of times this week. When setting up devices I've had issues locating the network but once it connects (after a while and several attempts) it's mostly ok.
I think I'm an average maybe a bit higher than the average user but not much. Mostly Streaming, smart home control, web browsing, and email (Working from home at the moment).
Off the top of my head, these are the devices I currently have that will be connected to the network on a regular basis. Of course, I would like room for expansion in the future.
- 3 Laptops
- 4 Smart Tvs
- 9 Smart Speakers
- 1 Apple Tv
- 3 smartphones
- 11 Smart Switches
- 1 smart lightbulb
- Smart Thermostat
- Smart Garage Opener
- 6 Smart Cameras
- Smart Doorbell
- Smart Deadbolt
- 1 smart hub
- 3 tablets
- 3 phones
- wireless printer
So, bottom line:
- Do I do what the ATT tech said and not bother with the Ruckus system?
- Do I completely bypass the ATT router and just use it as a modem getting wifi network from ruckus?
- Can I use both systems, setting one up as an extender?
- Create two networks and keep smart home devices (or any other group of devices) on one network and the rest on the other? Don't even know if that is possible, also worried about interference.
- Any other configuration I haven't considered
I included all info I think is relevant but can provide more info if needed.
I appreciate your time and expertise in advance,