cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lennar Home Access Switch (ICX 7150-C12P) Connectivity Issues

Jameson
New Contributor

FOR OTHER LENNAR / RUCKUS CUSTOMERS:

If you also have a Lennar Home with a Ruckus Access Switch, don't bother filling out the Ruckus contact form, here's part of the message I got back:

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via a community forum support model and hence no phone calls or emails will be accepted.

Please submit a post with your query on https://community.ruckuswireless.com/

FOR RUCKUS:

We having been having network issues at our house for a long time now and our setup is somewhat complicated. From what I can gather, this issue seems to be occurring with Lennar Homes with Ruckus Access Switches across a lot of cases. As a result, you may already be familiar with these issues, but I will include our details just in case they are helpful:

We purchased our Lennar home in 2019. All of the "Smart House" network and devices were included. We have a Xfinity Gateway, Ruckus Access Switch (ICX 7150-C12P), and a variety of Smart House devices (including Amazon Alexas, Ring Door Bells, etc.). The issue seems to be rooted with Ruckus (it's never seemed to work properly since we had a power outage some years ago). Since then, I have tried a variety of different fixes with my limited knowledge of internet networks. We purchased a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to try and help with the continued power outages in our new build neighborhood. But the Ruckus never really worked after than initial outage. I opted to completely unplug two of our three Access Points as they almost seemed to interfere with each other. All of our important devices have since been connected directly to the Wi-Fi of the Gateway itself and some of the Smart Devices were connected to the Ruckus Wi-Fi. The devices connected directly to the Wi-Fi of the Gateway itself work fairly well, but the network seems to be strained in keeping up with everything. The devices connected to the Ruckus Wi-Fi go between operating more slowly, are delayed in their response, or simply do not function at all. 

For reference, we believe that we are having the same issue mentioned in this support ticket: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Ruckus-ICX-7150-c12P/m-p/692...

We have followed the steps to download Putty for Mac, but are having issues working with it. Please advise on how we should proceed. I am looking for someone to help us troubleshoot and help me learn more about what is going on with our network and what I can do to maintain it moving forward. Beyond that, if this cannot be resolved through Ruckus, are there other network systems that have worked better for Lennar Home Customers that we should consider switching to?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Jameson 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup has not working, for many days.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

RUCKUS does not have any support team of technicians to support on-site for Lennar Homes.

Please do not worry, I will help you get this resolved.

Could you please let me know if you can find the IP address of the Switch using an IP scanner? If not, please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article for the same.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and try to log in on the web browser.

Please confirm once you log into the Switch dashboard on the web browser and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

I can find the IP address for the Ruckus Switch. I don't have it on hand at the moment, but I can find it again. What do I do with the IP address once I have it?

Thanks for your assistance so far. 

- Jameson

Hi @Jameson 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

We may need to check some Switch configurations via CLI.

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Jameson 

Greetings!!!

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide an update on the status of the issue to proceed further?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community