cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet interruptions/buffering since power cycling Ruckus unit

vsood1
New Contributor III

Last week I power cycled my ruckus unit and since then I have been having internet interruptions or extremely slow speeds. I had xfinity tech come over and they did not find any issues with the modem. I tried to follow other similar posts and tried to find the ruckus switch ip using the "LanScan" app on my Mac. I see 2 IPs listed as "Ruckus Wireless", but I believe those are the IPs for the APs and not the switch... the mac address for the IPs does not match the MAC address of the switch. 

Will it be possibel to get on a call with someone... I am really having interruptions with my work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vsood1
New Contributor III

Things are stable and look good. Thanks for the suppport. 

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Imran_ruckus

Hi @vsood1 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you have an intermittent Internet connection via your RUCKUS network setup.

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless OR Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and access the CLI.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

vsood1
New Contributor III

I see the MAC address of the switch in the LanScan app results. The IP listed is 192.168.1.3 with name Ruckus Wireless. There is "Ping" column in LanScan and it is showing red circle. Also tried on the browser ... i see this:

This site can’t be reached

http:// 192.168.1.3  is unreachable.

ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE

How can I paste images in a post here? Will it be possible to connect over ph to resolve this, it is causing lotta issues for me. 

Hi @vsood1 

Thank you for the information you shared.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Could you please share the screenshot of the IP Scan results?

2. Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same, showing the light status and the FULL Switch panel cable connections to the Switch ports.

3. Could you please try to IP Scan on a Windows Laptop/PC?

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. 

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let me know the answers to ALL the above queries or let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

vsood1
New Contributor III

Things are inconsistent... I ran the scan again and I see the same IP and now able to access via browser and see the screen you pasted. How do I open a command shell to the switch on MAC? 

i also tried "telnet 192.168.1.3", but looks like port 23 is not available on the switch.