cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet interruptions/buffering since power cycling Ruckus unit

vsood1
New Contributor III

Last week I power cycled my ruckus unit and since then I have been having internet interruptions or extremely slow speeds. I had xfinity tech come over and they did not find any issues with the modem. I tried to follow other similar posts and tried to find the ruckus switch ip using the "LanScan" app on my Mac. I see 2 IPs listed as "Ruckus Wireless", but I believe those are the IPs for the APs and not the switch... the mac address for the IPs does not match the MAC address of the switch. 

Will it be possibel to get on a call with someone... I am really having interruptions with my work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vsood1
New Contributor III

Things are stable and look good. Thanks for the suppport. 

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

vsood1
New Contributor III

I have made the updates you mentioned and monitoring my network. I will let you know in couple of hours on the performance.... so far its looking good. One question... should I not be power cycling the switch ever? Do I have to go through this process everytime I power cycle?

vsood1
New Contributor III

Also can you confirm if my firmware needs to be updated?

Hi @vsood1 

Thank you for the response and the update.

After a power cycle/outage/spike the Switch changes its partition to the Primary or Secondary. There was a SPR code on your secondary partition earlier which caused this issue. Now after you performed the commands I shared in my previous post, we copied the SPS code from the Primary partition to the Secondary, and now both the partitions have SPS code. Even if it switches the partition next time there should not be this issue since both partition has SPS code. 

As your Switch is on a UFI version already. There is no need for an Upgrade for now.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

vsood1
New Contributor III

Things are stable and look good. Thanks for the suppport. 

Hi @vsood1 

Thank you for the response.

Great!!! Good to know that the issue is now resolved. 

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

NOTE: We appreciate it if you could mark the troubleshooting posts as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.