cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet interruptions/buffering since power cycling Ruckus unit

vsood1
New Contributor III

Last week I power cycled my ruckus unit and since then I have been having internet interruptions or extremely slow speeds. I had xfinity tech come over and they did not find any issues with the modem. I tried to follow other similar posts and tried to find the ruckus switch ip using the "LanScan" app on my Mac. I see 2 IPs listed as "Ruckus Wireless", but I believe those are the IPs for the APs and not the switch... the mac address for the IPs does not match the MAC address of the switch. 

Will it be possibel to get on a call with someone... I am really having interruptions with my work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vsood1
New Contributor III

Things are stable and look good. Thanks for the suppport. 

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

vsood1
New Contributor III

I tried excatly that with putty and I get a Connection Refused error

vsood1
New Contributor III

I tried ssh but it is asking for login credentials.... what should I use for them?

Hi @vsood1 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Could you please try to log into the Switch CLI using the default credential?

Switch default credentials will be as mentioned below. 

Username: super

Password: sp-admin

If the above credentials don’t work, you can try below default credential combinations as well.

If any of the above credentials doesn’t work, please try to factory reset the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch as described in below VIDEO and once you perform the reset try to login with the above-mentioned default credentials again.

VIDEO link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

vsood1
New Contributor III

ruckus_ssh1.jpgruckus_ssh2.jpg

Hi @vsood1 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and for sharing the required information.

This issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the below screenshot. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Did I answer your query? If yes, hit the Kudos button and also accept the answer as an Accepted solution if resolved.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.